The best dog doormat products allow your French Bulldog to lead an active and happy life without compromising cleanliness and hygiene in your home, especially if you live in an area like I do where your Frenchie might be prone to getting pretty dirty. Hard-working doormats for dogs effectively act as the best barriers for dirt and wetness usually brought into the house by your Frenchie and humans alike. A nice doggy doormat also welcomes your human visitors with an adorable dog-loving design.
Choosing the right doggy doormat, preferably one with a French Bulldog design on it, shouldn’t be a difficult task right? Purchasing a dog doormat shouldn’t be a big challenge. Unfortunately, it actually might be a little more work than you think, because unlike with regular doormats for “humans,” not all dog doormats are created equally. Some doggy doormats may fit your Frenchie and his level of “dirtiness” better than other ones might.
The fact is that when you and your Frenchie go for walks or play outside they can get dirty paws. This dirt can be tracked back into your house without a proper dog doormat. A proper dog doormat should work to soak up water, mud and dirt, keeping floors clean and dry. A functional dog doormat should be very durable and absorb a lot of liquid off of wet paws. Finally, you want a doggy doormat that also fits your home’s decor and has an attractive look to it. Remember, the humans that visit your home will also be seeing and stepping on this doormat too!
Below are the best dog doormats that I will be reviewing in this article:
In A Hurry? Here Are My Top 6 Dog Doormat Picks
If you are in a hurry to find an answer on my top choices for the best dog doormat for dogs here are my picks:
The Many Benefit To Having A Doggy Doormat For Your Home
There are a variety of benefits to having a dog doormat in your home. Here are some of the benefits to consider:
- Clean Dirt or Debris – The main benefit of a pet doormat is to help clean the debris or dirt from your French Bulldog’s paws. As you may have noticed, when your Frenchie walks in mud or walks through dirt their paw pads can pick up debris and track it into your house if their paws aren’t cleaned off first. One of these mud rugs for dogs can help to keep your house clean!
- Absorb Liquids – A good doggy doormat should help absorb liquids off of your French Bulldog’s wet paws so that he doesn’t track it all over your carpets or wood floors. Look for an absorbent dog rug that will help dry their paws off. Most brands reference the GSM of their product.
- Attractive Design – You can absolutely choose a dog doormat that has an attractive design, potentially one with a French Bulldog on the front of it! 🙂
- Durable – a Good dog doormat should be durable and be able to withstand thousands and thousands of repeated steps from dogs and people alike.
My Top 5 Picks For The Best Dog Doormat
The Dog Gone Smart Dirty Dog Doormat is my top pick for a doggy doormat. Their mats boast an absorption rate of 3000 that is higher than their competitors with a GSM from 900 to 1500. It is also one of the highest rated pet doormat options.
- The microfiber strands dry five times faster than ordinary doormats
- Large doormat measures 35 x 26 inches and is machine washable
- Very absorbent and perfect for getting water off your French Bulldog’s paws
- Their mat boasts a “Gripper Non-Skid” backing on the bottom to prevent skidding and movement.
- Very durable and long lasting use – has a ton of great reviews speaking to its durability.
Some multiple purchase reviewers like the original backing over the new rubber backing
Also, Here Is a Video Of The Dog Gone Smart Doggy Doormat
We got one of these Ubdyo doormats for our house and love it! It deals perfectly with muddy paws of our beloved French Bulldog. It has a really durable rubber border in combination with raised pattern of a super soft fabric are perfect to capture dirt and absorb moisture.
- This doormat is made of high quality 100% recycled recycled PVC with PP artificial grass. This mat provides a clean and healthy environment and it is absolutely safe for your French Bulldog.
- The ubdyo dog doormat features a non-slip rubber backing of the dog rug to protect your interior floor as well. Rubber texture of Ubdyo doormat retains toughness, does not fade and prevents wear and tear of door mats.
- We all love our four-legged friends but loathe mess. The Ubdyo front door mat is easy to clean. Just spray water over the washable rug to get the dog mat cleaned.
- Some people said the print isn’t as clear as in the picture (I personally didn’t think this was an issue)
This is a highly-rated doggy doormat that has over 2,000 positive reviews. The Gorilla Grip Indoor Door Doggy Floor Mat was boasts an extra-absorbent top layer that traps mud and moisture from muddy French Bulldog paws. It is great for helping you to keep unwanted debris and mud off of your floors.
- Extra absorbent!
- It is very plush and soft enough for bare feet!
- Premium construction
- Machine washable for easy clean-up
- 10 year no questions-asked Guarantee!!
- Some reviews said the floor grip isn’t great
- Another reviewer said it wasn’t thick enough for them
The My Doggy Place ultra absorbent mat features microfiber design. It claims to have 5X the GSM absorption rate of other pet floor mats. Really effective at soaking up water from your Frenchie’s wet paws.
- Soaks up Water & Dirt like Magic
- Tough, Durable Construction with “No Slip” Backing Feature
- Some reviewers claimed the middle layer clumped after washing it
- Another reviewer says excessive water leaks through.
Love the name right? Soggy Doggy! That is what we are looking for is a doormat that soaks up the water and mud from your Soggy Doggy’s wet paws. This doggy doormat doesn’t have as many reviews as some of the other options but it is still a strong contender.
- Soaks up water & dirt like a sponge
- Quick drying and exceptionally durable, No-slip backing
- Machine wash & dry, Available with and without dog bone design
- One reviewer said “If I could I would marry this rug.” Pretty strong endorsement!! 🙂
- Some reviewers stated that it is more like a heavy weight towel than a mat.
- Others said the mat shifts on the floor easily and needs readjusted often.
This is an extra thick doggy doormat that is available at a decent price point.
- Includes an Optional Waterproof Liner to help with those excessive water situations
- Great for Water / Food Bowls, Dog Crates, even Everyday Door Mat
- Some reviews stated it wasn’t perfectly square
- Can be too thick if put right in front of a door causing issues with the door opening easily
BONUS DOORMAT RECOMMENDATION: UncommonDoormats French Bulldog Silhouette Doormat
So this isn’t a dog doormat like the other I shared that goes in your house. This is a traditional doormat that goes outside the house but for my fellow Frenchie lovers you will likely love this French Bulldog Doormat.
Conclusion – The Best Dog Doormat For Your House
There you have it my French Bulldog loving friend! When your Frenchie comes inside the house from outside their dirty paws can track mud and dirt indoors. A good dog doormat will help to soak up dirt, mud and water from wet paws. This will help keep your floors clean and dry! Hopefully you like one of these dog doormat designs!