It is no secret that French Bulldogs can easily get overheated and are not the best at regulating their own body temperature. While most French Bulldogs aren’t great swimmers they do love a dip in a shallow dog pool on a hot Summer’s day. The best dog pool options check the box of cooling down your Frenchie and can make a great addition to your backyard.
A dog swimming pool is a simple and inexpensive way to help your French Bulldog to cool down during the hottest of Summer days. Not all dog swimming pools are the same and not all are a perfect fit for your Frenchie. My family and I reviewed a variety of different dog swimming pool options to help you find the best dog swimming pool for your French Bulldog. A lot of factors went into these picks such as pool material, pool size, how durable it is, how versatile it is, and of course customer reviews from other French Bulldog owners. I hope this helps you and your Frenchie stay cool this Summer!
In A Hurry? Here Are My Top 5 Best Dog Pools For Your Frenchie
If you are in a hurry to find an answer on my top choices for the best dog pools here are my top recommendations:
My Top 5 Best Dog Pool Options – Finding The Right Dog Swimming Pool For Your Frenchie
The Pecute dog swimming pool is one of our top picks for a way to keep your Frenchie cool on sweltering Summer days. This is a great durable dog pool with over 780+ positive ratings from happy dog owners. Here are some of the Pros and Cons of this top dog swimming pool pick.
- Safe and Very Durable: This pool is made from a non-toxic PVC based material. This will help keep your dog safe while he is cooling off. We do recommend trimming your French Bulldogs nails BEFORE using this or any pool.
- Slip Proof Bottom: Slipping is an issue for dogs and humans alike when around a pool and this one features a non slip bottom.
- Easy To Store: This fold easily folds up after use so it isn’t taking up space in your back yard all the time.
- Some users stated that their two dogs did eventually play aggressively in it which led to some leaks. Should be fine for most Frenchies as they are smaller and lighter dogs.
The Yaheetech foldable hard plastic dog pet swimming pool is another great dog swimming pool option. This one has a 73% satisfaction rate amongst dog owners and is a great choice. My favorite review title looking at the various reviews was “One Happy Puppy!”
- Waterline Marker: There is a convenient waterline marker so you don’t have to worry about overfilling the dog swimming pool.
- Easy To Use: This dog swimming pool is easy to use and no air pump is needed to set it up. It is easy to set up and easy to take it down once your dog is finished playing.
- Has A Drainage Valve: This dog swimming pool has a simple drainage valve that allows you to quickly and easily drain the pool after use.
- Clip Your Dogs Nails First: If your dog’s nails are too long you may have punctures.
- Not Great For Rowdy Dogs:
- Don’t Leave It Filled: One user the dark color combines with strong sunlight to make slime grow quickly on the inside
This is a nice small and portable dog swimming pool giving you an easy way to give your French Bulldog a bath or giving them a chance to cool down. This is a 32 inch diameter and 8 inch deep swimming pool perfect for your French Bulldog. It has over 270+ positive reviews from happy dog owners.
- Heavy Duty Material: This dog pool is made with industrial strength PVC material.
- No Inflation Needed: No need to inflate to this dog swimming pool. Simply fill with water and your dog will know what to do.
- Very Portable: This dog swimming pool is especially portable!
- Nails, Nails, Nails: The main issue any dog owners had was punctures. In most cases the dog owner admitted their dog’s nails were too long.
- Slow Leaks: Some dog owners claimed a slow leak over time.
Well, this one has an adorable Frenchie in the picture so that scored some big points with us. Beyond that, it has some great Pros and measures 32 inches in diameter and 8 inches of depth so it too is a perfect fit for a Frenchie swimming pool.
- Easy Pop Up Structure: This dog swimming pool is easy to pop up and use.
- Twist Off Cap For Easy Draining: This dog pool is easy to drain, simply twist off the drain cap and the water will pour right out.
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed: This dog pool has a 100% satisfaction guarantee which is always a plus!
- Not As Many Reviews: At the time of our writing this dog swimming pool had 105+ Reviews. While the overall rating was very high we always like to see a lot more reviews to make a more informed decision.
Once again, the product image for this dog swimming pool instantly won our hearts and affection. The adorable French Bulldog, sitting in her cool swimming pool with her shower cap on melted our hearts. This dog pool had smaller dimensions too which is helpful for a small sized dog like a Frenchie.
- No Inflation Needed: This pool sets up in no time which is a bonus for an overheated French Bulldog needing to cool off.
- Perfectly Sized For a Frenchie: This dog pool is just the right size for your four-legged Frenchie friend.
- Less Than 100 Reviews: There are not a ton of reviews from customers on this particular pool but with that said, there is an overall pretty high rating which is promising.
- Small Pool: Some purchasers commented that it was a “small pool.” While this may be too small a pool for many dogs it is a good size for a small Frenchie.
We often take our French Bulldog on road trips so I had to include this particular dog swimming pool option. It is completely collapsible and easy to transport so may be worth grabbing one of these as well if you want to transport the pool with you (on a camping trip for example).
Important Dog Swimming Pool Features to Consider
Finding the right dog swimming pool for your French Bulldog takes a little work. A swimming pool for your French Bulldog should have a number of key features. Here is what to consider when selecting a pool for your dog:
Dog Pool Size
When it comes to dog swimming pools, finding the right size pool for your Frenchie really matters. French Bulldogs aren’t a large breed dog by any means so a small pool will likely be best. No need to splurge on a large pool for your small Frenchie. Many pools come with sizing charts, which can be useful for figuring out exactly what size pool you need for your French Bulldog.
Dog Pool Durability
When my Frrenchie gets in his pool he turns into a little mad man. He spins around, splashes, and we even throw in some dog pool toys for some extra fun. Your Frenchie might be a little rough on a pool so finding one that is durable would be wise. A normal inflatable pool would not be recommended as their toenails can puncture the pool easily. A quality dog swimming pool should be designed to be more durable than a normal inflatable backyard pool. Some dog pools are more durable than others so if your Frenchie is a wild man in the pool I’d suggest finding a pool that will take a beating.
A Dog Pool That Is Easy To Store
I live in the Northeast of the United States and we can only use the dog swimming pool a handful of months out of the year. I am betting you too won’t be using the dog swimming pool all year round either. Due to that, a feature you will want to look for is a way to easily store your dog swimming pool when you aren’t using it. This can reduce the risk of accidentally damaging it and protecting it from more harsh weather. The dog swimming pools we reviewed all folded up and were easy to store. Be sure to look for this feature if you grab a dog swimming pool as we see it as essential.
Ability To Easily Drain The Dog Pool
After your Frenchie has had his fun frolicking in the pool and playtime is over, you will need the ability to easily drain the pool. Most of the dog swimming pools we reviewed did in fact come with a drain. Just be sure that the drain cap on any dog swimming pool you select fits your needs.
Best Dog Pool Frequently Asked Questions
Wait, I thought French Bulldogs can’t swim?
While it is true French Bulldogs are notoriously bad at swimming that won’t be an issue in these dog swimming pools we reviewed. They are all very, very shallow so no swimming skills required. They can stand in the pool with their Frenchie body partially submerged and still have their head and shoulders well out of the water. As a former lifeguard I must say you should still monitor your Frenchie as he plays in the water to make sure he is safe. Your French Bulldog should be closely watched while using the pool to ensure that they don’t inhaling too much water.
What type of pool is best for a French Bulldog?
The best type of pool for a Frenchie is one that is pretty shallow and one that they won’t destroy after just a few uses. We would recommend against most Inflatable pools as they don’t tend to hold up very well. It is better to choose a pool that is made out of a significantly more durable material so it lasts.
What to fill your pool with?
I personally just use my hose attached to my house to fill the pool and I don’t think that chlorinating your dog swimming pool is necessary at all. With that said, According to the AKC, normally chlorinated water is okay for French bulldogs to swim in. It can more easily affect dogs than humans due to our canine’s more sensitive nose. However, the average exposure a dog gets when swimming in a pool is not enough to cause harm.
Dog Pool Toys For Your French Bulldog To Add To The Fun
Watching your French Bulldog splash in the pool is fun in and of itself, but if you want to really make it fun I’d recommend adding in some dog pool toys. You might be surprised to discover there is such a thing as ‘dog pool toys’ but they do exist and they do certainly add to the fun for your Frenchie.
Conclusion – The Best Dog Pool Options To Consider For Your French Bulldog
There you have it my French Bulldog loving friend! With Summer here you are looking to keep your Frenchie cool on the hottest days and one of these dog swimming pools will help. One of the dog pools filled with cool water can certainly help to control the body temperature of your Frenchie while they play in the water. My little Frenchie Augie is a big fan of stepping into his pool, splashing around for a few minutes, and then running around the backyard. He often repeats that process for hours. Enjoy!
PS – Looking for other ways to keep your French Bulldog cool on a hot day? Check out my reviews on the best dog cooling vest options.